My picture was in The Daily Progress here in C'ville. I had been to Ashes on the Go on the mall and was ashed up. Later I went to my church, St. Paul's Memorial Church, to set up for the 5:30 Eucharist and Imposition of Ashes and I got to talking with a photographer from the Progress. He asked if he could make some pictures and I agreed. I think he did a great job though I wonder how I might PaintShop the cross off my head!
On the 28th of March I'm heading to Annapolis, MD for an organ recital at the Naval Academy Chapel. The picture here was made the First Sunday in Advent when I had the delight and privilege to play a Sunday morning service. I had played early crypt services that summer and knew the organist, Jim Dale, from my work at Dale Music Co. Last summer I emailed the current music director trying to find out what had happened to Jim. I believed he had died; I was right. Looking around for a good organ recital to go to I found the March 28 recital at the Academy. Not long now.


No comments:
Post a Comment