Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Following Atticus

I've been reading Following Atticus by Tom Ryan, the story of a man and his 20-pound . They have climbed the 4000' mountains of New Hampshire hundreds of times.

I was inspired to change my relationship with my own 14-pound Miniature Schnauzer. I realized she deserved more outside time and more exercise that she's been getting. So we headed out. When Lent came I was inspired again to have a 40-day Wilderness Experience and we're doing mostly pretty well with it.

We had two late-season snow storms that were beautiful. The first was 14.5" and the second about 8". As part of our Wilderness Adventure Sophie and I spent a lot of time in the snow, 2½ hours in the freshest and deepest of it. I let Sophie off-leash and she ran and played like a mad woman. It was so good!



And now we have 4 baby goats in the neighborhood with 4 more expected on Sunday. Talk about cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment