Sophie and I took our outing to the
University of Virginia on Monday and it was fun. Well, for me, that is. Sophie pretty
much slept through the class of first-year medical students. She must have been
tired from responding to so many people on the way from the parking garage to
the School of Medicine building. She brightened up the days for a lot of people.
The class was good. I got to tell my
story starting with my 1993 clinical depression diagnosis, through my 2002
bipolar disorder diagnosis and into today. We talked about my current
strategies for responding to my illness. There were questions about my relationship
with Sophie and about her becoming a service dog. Dr. Moody from Region 10 was
there and focused on the recovery side of my story.
I love doing stuff like this: sharing
my story; my story with Sophie; and my story with Dr. Marzani. I enjoyed taking
questions from the students and talking with a few of them afterward.
As Dr. Marzani started getting
chairs she said we needed 4. I looked, puzzled. For Sophie she said. Sophie
took her's and that’s where she slept. During the meet & greet after I
put Sophie on our table so she could be properly adored.
We’re having beautiful days here. Sophie
and I go out for hours in the front yard. She sniffs the breeze and I sit and type
away.
I've moved on to Thursday now. Sophie’s at the beauty shop (groomer) for her monthly pretty-up and I'm waiting to see my wonderful therapist, Dr. Penberthy. It’s a big help for me to
be working with her.
Since spring is almost here I'm acquiring a few things for the garden. I want to plant a clematis and a trumpet vine in front of my house so they can climb the columns. In the ground or in giant pots I don't know.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment